Thursday, 7 July 2016

The Mummy Tag






I have been tagged in ‘The Mummy Tag’ by the fabulous Leanne over at https://lifeofachronicallyillmummy.wordpress.com/. Hopefully the questions in this tag will enable you to get to know me a little better.

Are you a stay at home or working mum?

I am a full time worker. Which means life is busy for me.

Would you have it any other way?

Yes!!! I really wanted to come back to work part time and I had it in my head the whole pregnancy and maternity leave that was what was going to happen. When I had my back to work meeting they didn’t give me the option for part time. So it was full time or nothing. I like my job and the people I work with so decided on full time. I miss my baby so much when I am at work though. I sit at working thinking about the things we could be doing if I wasn’t sat in a boring office.

What is your one must have item for your child?

This would have to be his dummy. He has had a dummy since he was born as it helped him to chill out and sleep. He only has this for nap time or bed time. If we ever went somewhere and I forgot it, I would have a panic.

How many kids do you plan on having?

I would love to have three but reality will probably be two. I plan to get married first then maybe have another one after that.

What’s your child’s favourite show?

He loves his 7am Teletubbies programme at the moment. He also likes In the night garden and Twirlywoos.

Name one thing you bought before you had your baby that you didn’t end up using?

I used most of the stuff we got for him. We did buy too many clothes for him and some only got worn once or not at all as he grew so quickly at the beginning.

Your child’s favourite food?

This has to be his deserts and especially yogurts. He gets so excited when the yogurts pop open and he can’t open his mouth wider if he tried.

Weight gain before pregnancy, during, after and now?

To be honest I am not one to weigh myself so I can’t answer this question. I am still bigger now than I was before falling pregnant so I am trying to work hard on losing a little bit more weigh until I am happy with my body again. I am thinking about joining Slimming World as I will need to go on a diet before my wedding next year.

Dream holiday with the kids?

Most people here would probably say Disneyland but as Sonny isn't into the Disney thing yet I would not say this place quite yet. Maybe a holiday abroad with a fun swimming pool somewhere. Sonny loves being in the water.

Dream holiday without kids?

This would have to be the Caribbean somewhere. I have never been to the Caribbean and its somewhere I have always wanted to go. I think I would pick Mexico.

How has your life changed since having kids?

I don't have as much time for myself to do the simple things like paint my nails. I also go out a lot less as since becoming a mum I no longer get asked out and it’s harder for me to commit to going out now anyway. Me and Darren go out less as its difficult to find a babysitter and if we take Sonny out for a meal its not very relaxing.

BUT..... to be honest life is so much better now I am a mum. I love spending all my time with Sonny and just playing and hanging out with him.

Finish the sentence. My heart melts when….

When I walk into his room in the mornings and he standing in his cot. I get the biggest smile from him each morning and it makes my day. It’s the best way to start the day.

Where do you shop for your kids?

Next is my favourite clothes shop for Sonny but I do also find some nice things in Primark and Sainsburys.

Favourite make up and skin care products?

I am not one for expensive skin products. I use the Superdrug own range. I love there hot cloth cleaner and other skin products.

Huggies or Pampers?

I haven't used neither of these so couldn't comment. I use Aldi nappies and they have been excellent and not let me down at all.

Have you always wanted kids?

Yes. I always wanted to enjoy life and have them a little later which is what I ended up doing.

Best part of being a mummy?

Such a hard question. It’s so amazing being a mummy in so many ways. I would say all the smiles and fun the little one gives you is the best part of being a mummy.



A huge thank you to the fabulous Leanne for the tag, I now tag the lovely Kira over at http://unconventionalkira.blogspot.co.uk/  so please do head over and take a look at her blog.