Thursday, 7 May 2015

My Baby Shower



I had my baby shower on Sunday 3rd May and it went so well and we had such a good time I thought I would write a blog about it.

I sent my invites out a couple of months before the date so people could save the date. Although I booked it on a bank holiday weekend without realising which meant some people couldn't make it.




With it being May bank holiday I was hoping for sunshine so I could have a lovely garden party. This didn't go to plan as it rained all day so we were all stuck in the lounge, all 15 of us. Very cosy in my small lounge.

My two best mates planned the party for me and they done an excellent job. They brought some lovely blue decorations and drinks and they planned the games. The games we played were....

The string game- Everyone has to cut a piece of string to the length they thought my bump was and the closest won. That was funny as some were massive.
Dress the baby- We had 3 dolls and lots of baby cloths and it was a race to see who could get the most clothing on the doll in 30 seconds. The one with the most won.
Guess the baby food- We had 3 jars of baby food with the labels taken off and we had to guess what they were by look and taste. This was a little disgusting but that made it funny.
Guess the baby photo- We all brought a baby photo of ourselves to the party and we then had to guess who was who and the one with the most correct guesses won. They sneaked a baby photo of my boyfriend on this one and even I didn't catch on to this.

We had so much fun playing the games and the time just flew by. My baby shower was 3 hours long. We played the games and had sandwiches and crisps and then cakes. My Mum made the cakes and she did so well with them I was very impressed. Her name is now down for making the baby boys birthday cakes for the next few years.

My two best friends also made a cute whale themed notice board for the baby boys room. Then they got everyone to write down their predictions on baby boy date, time, hair colour etc. These all went onto the notice board and I can then see who gets the closest prediction when he arrives. This notice board was a great idea as I will use this for photos to keep in his room as he grows up. Its such a nice idea and so personal as it was hand made by my friends.

At the end of the baby shower I was then showered with the gifts. I had so many gifts I really wasn't expecting as many as I received and it took me ages to open them all. Everything I received was so useful and I loved everything I had. I do have some lovely friends and I really appreciated all of the gifts. 













 
Thanks for reading
Bexmorts
xx