Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Baking Giant Cookies

So this week I have the week off work so thought I would attempt some baking. My plan was to make a Lemon Drizzle Cake but I forgot to buy the icing sugar. So I tried these Giant Cookies instead. This was the first time baking these and I was very happy with the outcome.

I got the recipe from Tanya Burrs book Love Tanya but changed the filling a little bit.

 
Ingredients I used
200g butter
200g caster sugar
1large egg
325g self raising flour
1 bag of Caramel nibbbles
1 bag of giant dairy milk buttons
 
 
 
Step 1
Pre heat oven to 200c and grease the oven tray with some butter.
 
Step 2

Whisk together the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add in the egg and mix this into the mixture.

Step 3
Start adding the flour just a little amount at a time and mix this into the mixture. Your mixture should then be like a dough. I actually mixed it with my hands a little to get it altogether easier.
Step 4
I then cut my mixture into two as I am making 5 caramel ones and 5 giant button ones. With half the mixture I then added nearly the whole bag of caramel buttons into the mixture. I split the dough into 5 balls and but them onto a baking tray making sure they had a lot of room to spread out whilst baking. I then done the same with the other half of the mixture but with the giant buttons. To tell then apart I put a whole caramel button on top of the middle of the cookie.

 
Step 5
Chuck them into the oven for 10 minutes only and then take them out even if they don't look done. If you leave them longer they will over cook.
Let them cool for about 20 minutes.  
Step 6
EAT AND ENJOY
 
Thanks for reading
Bexmorts xx